Heard about the latest online happening in the personal finance blogosphere? Check out the Plutus Awards, an event that honors some of the top personal finance blogs and financial products and services that have a presence on the Internet. Some of our friends are in the running. We’d appreciate your support and hope that you vote!
Now to do the rounds of the personal finance blogosphere ourselves! Here are a few places that feature The Smarter Wallet time and again, as well as sites we like.
Personal Finance Articles
- Wise Bread shows us some creative ways to invest during a weak market. Some ideas involve investing in lending notes, foreign currency investments, cash instruments, precious metals and commodities. Are you brave enough to jump in?
- Gather Little By Little gives us 10 principles for saving time. Some great tips include arriving early, assessing the impact of wasted time (realize that time wasted can add up to a lot!) and prioritizing your time well.
- The Credit Karma blog talks about how the property market could be improving. Do you agree? Do you think that homes are more affordable now? Not too long ago, we wondered about housing trends and noticed that housing prices were still down.
- Almost Frugal shares with us some of the ABCs of saving money. As far as the letter “C” is concerned, get to know your “cash”, “clutter” and “credit cards”! 🙂
- Funny About Money gives us an update on her loan modification application. Now her mortgage payments will be going down from $1,400 a month to $1,085. Very interesting read about her home purchase and mortgage situation.
- Festival of Frugality
- Carnival of Debt Reduction
- Carnival of Personal Finance