Some of us were lucky enough to have been given U.S. Savings Bonds or even shares of dividend stocks as gifts, when we were kids. Back then, we may not have appreciated these gifts fully, but these days, we adults can only wish for more generous relatives. If you’re thinking of presenting your kids with a financial gift or if you’re thinking of opening a new investment account, then you may be interested in the following promotion.
$25 ShareBuilder Promotion for New Investment Accounts
So here’s the thing: ShareBuilder would like to encourage you to open an account with them by offering you a $25 bonus (with promo code: 25WOFA; please read the details for eligibility below). When you open an Individual, Joint or Custodial Account with ShareBuilder, they’ll match the first $25 you put into this account. Now’s a great time to fund a Custodial account with $50 (your deposit plus the ShareBuilder bonus match) as a lovely present for a child.
For those who aren’t familiar with ShareBuilder, they’re an online stock broker that has some of the best commission rates around. Their rates are $9.95 a stock trade and $0 for select no-load, no transaction fee mutual fund transactions. And if you decide to do some automated investing, they have some affordable pricing programs you can check into. Of course, you’ll want to review their terms in detail before signing up with them.
Some more particulars about this promotion:
- With ShareBuilder, there’s no account minimum and no inactivity fees.
- To get the $25 bonus, you’ll need to open a new account and fund it with a minimum amount of $25.
- You must enter the promotion code: 25WOFA to receive the $25.
- You’ll receive the $25 from ShareBuilder within 4 to 6 weeks of your initial $25 deposit.
- Only customers who open Individual, Joint and Custodial accounts are eligible to receive the cash bonus. The offer doesn’t extend to IRAs or ESAs.
- Once you receive the bonus, you cannot withdraw it from your account until after 30 days of the deposit.
- The offer is non-transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- The offer is good for a limited time.
This promotion seems perfect for those parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts who are wondering what type of gift to give the young family member in their lives. While there’s always the risk that you’d be branded as the one who gave them the “boring” gift, you’d be doing your kids a huge favor by offering them a meaningful present that can make a difference (even a small one) to their future. To remedy the “boring” designation, just throw in a thoughtful kiddie gift (toys, board games, gift cards, maybe?) along with a financial gift of stock.
Online Broker Promotions
While a ShareBuilder account is one way to get started on the right financial track, there are other online stock broker options that may prove just as suitable for your investing requirements. You can check out our Scottrade review and ETrade review to learn more about these top brokerages.