We are excited that our article on how to develop skills for managing your life made it to Taking Charge’s Superbowl Edition of the Carnival of Personal Finance as one of the Editor’s Picks! Thanks to Emily Starbuck Gerson for hosting such a great edition.
In the meantime, here are some financial articles I got around to reading (or writing) over the last few days:
Financial Articles For Your Reading Pleasure
- Wise Bread: Here’s my latest article on Wise Bread, which is about how to manage risk in your financial life.
- The Frugal Duchess: Sharon’s shopping cart was hijacked by poor planning, as she says. She provides ways to avoid impulsive spending on grocery items she doesn’t need.
- MoneyNing shows us a down in the trenches look at various retirement vehicles.
- Semi Frugal Guy: I discovered this new site and found some great tips on where to pick up healthy yet affordable foods. Where else but your local Farmer’s Market?
- Broke Grad Student: Here’s a great story on how Broke Grad successfully negotiated for lower rent. The suggestion here is to “just do it”! You won’t know if you can get a break on your rent unless you ask for it!
- Funny About Money: Check out how you can get great landscaping for cheap!