We’ve finally hit the New Year! Well to mark that change — hopefully to a bigger and much better 2009 — I’d like to give you a quick summary of the year that flew by for us here. We launched The Smarter Wallet in late August and so far, things have been going quite smoothly!
The folks behind The Smarter Wallet have diverse backgrounds in writing and finance, and we all have our different writing styles, but we’re all bound together by our interest in sharing with you our experiences and opinions about personal finance and consumer matters. We’re not financial professionals, but we aim to write about the stuff that is commonly of interest and concern to most folks. Hopefully we’re touching upon the things that do matter to our pocketbooks.
Best Money Articles from The Smarter Wallet, 2008
Articles About Saving Money and Spending Wisely
- Traveling Tips For The Early Bird Traveler: Plan Your Vacation Well!
- Green Cleaning Products: How To Clean Your House The Eco-Friendly Way
- Frugal Tips To Clean and Care For Your Clothes
- The Best Ways To Spend Your Money
- A Look at Costco, Sam’s Club and Wholesale Shopping
Credit and Debt Articles
- Why Not Use Credit Cards To Reduce Your Mortgage?
- Reviewing Credit Cards, Cash and Gift Cards: Show Me The Money Cards
- Debt Collection Practices: Going From Debtor To Debt Collector
- Got Debt Over The Holidays? How To Eliminate Debt Quickly
Money Management and Productivity Articles
- How To Protect Yourself Against The Economic Crisis
- 11 Financial Products To Be Careful About
- Manage Your Risk: Check Your Company’s Financial Ratings
- How To Keep Your Money Safe and Secure While You Travel
- Personal Financial Tools and Sites To Help With Your Finances
- How To Work From Home and Start A Home Business
- Paying For College: How To Pay For School On Your Own