I was gone for a short bit of time so I’ve been unable to do roundups recently. But here I am back again! I now happily resume our regular roundup segment, made up of highly interesting personal finance articles from recent days:
Our Favorite Personal Finance Reads
- Amateur Asset Allocator wonders whether it’s necessary to use a financial planner, especially if you’re a young investor.
- Rich Credit Debt Loan reflects on what it means to be thrifty.
- Save and Conquer covers the Volatility Index or VIX, an index on the Chicago Options Exchange that measures the anticipated volatility of the S & P 500 over the next month. That said, it’s looking pretty shaky right now!
- MoneyNing explains how we don’t have to lose sleep during a bear market.
- My Two Dollars harps on AIG and its loser ways. My dad used to work at AIG and cannot believe how far this company has fallen.
- Clever Dude discusses Milton Friedman’s take on the rise of socialism in the U.S.
- Not Made of Money wonders whether prepaid debit cards are a good idea.
- Money Hacks Carnival: Thanks to Where You Are Now for designating our article as an Editor’s Pick!
- Carnival of Financial Planning
- Working At Home Blog Carnival
- Finance Fiesta
- Carnival of the Vanities
- Kids and Money
- Total Mind and Body Fitness Blog Carnival
- Carnival of Family Life
- Best of Me Symphony