How was your long Thanksgiving weekend? We had a nice, lazy time at home, and hosted Thanksgiving at our home with some family. I also attended a baby shower yesterday, for a friend who’s due late next week.
I caught a few articles this weekend, and here were some I liked!
Financial Articles I Enjoyed
- Amateur Asset Allocator: In his post, T’is The Season To Be Giving, Kyle discusses some details on charities. We do the same in our post Charitable Giving: How To Make Your Charity Donations Count For More.
- Broke Grad Student: Is the financial crisis causing the field of engineering to be the “in” thing again? Technology was out of sorts after the dot com bust, but it’s sexy again now that the field of finance seems to have fallen out of favor. I have to admit, that sounds good to me, as a valley girl / software engineer 😉 .
- Fiscal Zen: Want to learn about trading? Here are seven fantasy investing sites where you can try out your luck.
- Personal Finance Analyst: One more consequence of the worst economic crisis since the great depression is all this talk that capitalism is dead. Well, I agree with Carson that such reports are greatly exaggerated.
- Passive Family Income made some unexpected holiday gift purchases. We have been on a strict budget, so we’ve been careful not to do anything out of the ordinary yet. Our best gift ideas for the holiday season has helped us to keep our list fixed and our budget, firm!
- Dollar Frugal discusses the issue about having too much food in the fridge which end up having to be thrown away. We have a little bit of this problem and unless you track your food usage, it may be hard to avoid throwing out uneaten leftovers on occasion.
- Carnival of Financial Planning
- Carnival of The Vanities
If you enjoyed this post, you can get free regular updates through our RSS Feed, or you can have our latest posts delivered to your email inbox by supplying your address here. Your address will only be used for this purpose, and you can unsubscribe anytime.